27.2.09

Contre qui, rose? Against whom, rose?

Found this beautiful yet meaningful poem in the programme booklet of the concert that I attended tonight. Unfortunately song of this poem will only be performed in tomorrow's concert, or else I can listen to it. Would the melody be bitter?

Suddenly my memory recalls a line of a drama I watched a couple years ago - the Unexpected Man. "Life is bitter." 

Yes, bitter. Very bitter it can be.

Contre qui, rose?
by Maria Rilke

Contre qui, rose,
avez-vous adopté
ces épines?
Votre joie trop fine
vous a-t-elle forcée
de devenir cette chose armée?

Mais de qui vous protége
cette arme exagérée
Combien d'ennemis vous ai-je
enlevés
qui ne la craignaient point?
Au contraire, dété en automne,
vous blessez les soins
qu'on vous donne.

Against whom, rose?
Against whom, rose,
have you assumed these thorns?
Is it your too fragile joy
that forced you to become this armed thing?

But from whom does it protect you,
this exaggerated defense.
How many enemies have I lifted from you
who did not feat it at all?
On the contrary, from summer to autumn you wound
the affection that is given you.

******
picture downloaded from:

6 則留言:

匿名 提到...

Glad to meet you. Glad to see that you're getting more beautiful after years. Glad that you're picking up all these joys in life.

I missed this poem. I barely made it to the concert. I wish I can have more room to look into all the beautiful things around me.

Good to see you pal.

南蠻人 提到...

I am also happy to meet you again. Now you've become an adult. (some people say you are not an adult until you get married.) Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I'm still single all these years, so comparing you, I could have more time to pick up the so called "joy" in life...^^".

L L 提到...

Sava:

酸苦就總有架喇,我也有不少,但我仍享受生命!

卡臣 提到...

執過新版面
靚呀
咦,妳無咁忙啦

南蠻人 提到...

Laulong,

對!苦與甜還是要活下去的,盡量令生活豐富有意義才不枉此生!

卡臣,
對,悶悶地又幫我個BLOG轉新裝。仍很忙,不過都抽空寫寫東西,對己有益。

Unknown 提到...

i went to that concert in Feb,too.
the melody is B&B: bitter but beautiful.

but cant find any music link online,what a shame